Monday, October 12, 2009

Grown-up Tuna Noodle

I used to love tuna noodle casserole as a kid. I think I still do. Yesterday, I didn't have time to get to the market and had to make dinner out of cupboard staples. I am pleased to report that, because the sauce requires no cooking, this dish turned out to be speedy, easy and tuna-noodle-iscious.

4-6 ounces dry whole wheat (or white) pasta
1 can tuna, drained and flaked
Zest of 1 lemon, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 handful of olives that you would enjoy eating (this is important), chopped
2 tablepoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
Juice of 1/3 a lemon
Scattering of red pepper flakes
Handful of chopped parsley
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan or Pecorino cheese, grated

1) Cook the pasta and assemble all of the sauce ingredients in a large pasta bowl. Drain the cooked pasta and tip it into the pasta bowl, steaming hot. Toss well, taste and adjust seasoning, sprinkle with cheese are serve.

Serves 2

No comments: