Monday, November 3, 2008

Mighty Fine G&Ts

We took the elevator up to the 4th floor of Harvey Nichol's, for the view. A Scottish friend had told me that it was the place to get a drink and take in the sparkling city of Edinburgh at night. She was right-- it was glorious.

With such swanky environs, the Mister and I decided to act like movie stars and ordered a drink from the grown-up menu-- a mixed drink. I went old school with a twist; Gin and Tonic with Coriander (cilantro). Sounds odd, but I am not kidding my friend, it was the best gin and tonic, possibly the best drink I have ever tasted. It didn't taste of coriander, it didn't taste of gin, it just tasted super fresh with an almost cucumber flavor at the end. It would be the perfect cocktail to have before a Mexican meal.

Here's how you make a Coriander Gin and Tonic:

Pour desired amount of Martin Miller's Gin (of you can find it, otherwise use any other good quality gin) into a tumbler with ice and a small handful of fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves. Shake well, then strain into a tall glass filled with ice and top with tonic water. Squiggle a few coriander leaves in the drink for a pretty dash of color and enjoy.

Mmmmmmmmmmm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where can I find Martin Miller's Gin? I keep hearing about how great it is, but I don't know where to buy it. (FYI - I live in the USA and will not be venturing to Harvey Nichols any time soon.)

cityrambler said...

Hi

You sure get around.

Have you heard of walk talk tours? the downloadable audio tours to play on your iPod or MP3 player.

Ideal for independent travellers like you with kids who have to be managed too.

They are available in London, York Edinburgh and Manchester.

Take a look at www.walktalktour.com and see what you think.