Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sprehcen sie Tess?

Tess climbed into our bed at about 6am this morning. I snuggled her under the covers and worked my my face up into the nap of her neck. Still 3/4 asleep, I said, "Morning Tess. Did you have nice dreams?"
"Yea," was all she replied in a very, tiny voice.
"Did you dream about fuzzy puppies and soft kitties?"
"No."
"How, how are you feeling this morning?"
She thought for a while, then said, "I feel froggy."
"Oh. Is that good or bad?" I asked.
"I don't know, I just feel froggy" she answered.

Later this morning I found her lying on the couch watching t.v.. It is very un-Tess to be still, rather than running or jumping off of something. I felt her cheek and she was warm, her eyes were glassy. She looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I feel more froggy now."

So I learned today that in Tess-eese, froggy means sick.

No comments: