Thursday, April 12, 2007

In Every Culture, Cooking is Love

I firmly believe this. It sort of goes along with the idea that you get out of life what you put into it. I just have no patience for to astounding quantity of mass-produced and processed 'convenience' foods found in grocery stores and, sadly on kitchen tables in the States these days. These imitation meals are slowly creeping onto the European table, too. These prepackaged foods don't even taste real. It's weird and scary and if you are reading this blog, you probably feel the same way. But I am constantly perplexed by the lack of consistent cooking that goes on in homes. Some foodies may be weekend cooks, pulling together elaborate meals that take the whole day to create, but get take-away the other five nights a week. I mean, aLOT of my friends do this and I can't figure it out. I know it can be challenging to even think of dinners to cook six or seven nights a week, let alone have time to prepare them~ but it's absolutely do-able and I promise, it can be done as quickly as it takes to make pasta with a jar of genetically modified tomato sauce.

No comments: